How to update BIOS on HP computer
- Find a Windows machine and install Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and WinPE add-on.
- Create a copy of Windows PE files for x86:
copype x86 C:\WinPE_x86.
- Create a bootable USB drive:
MakeWinPEMedia /UFD C:\WinPE_x86 J:where J: is your USB drive.
- Go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/ and find your BIOS Update.
- Copy the BIOS Update in the root directory of the USB drive.
- Boot into the Windows PE.
- Change working drive to C:
- Execute the updater: e.g.
- Enjoy the new BIOS.